วันศุกร์ที่ 17 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

VM9424 6 2 Inch Double DIN Multimedia Navigation lots of features, not all of them are great, but all of them work well together


Great DD Navi & DVD for the money!, I've had this unit for about a week now. Made a 900 mile road trip and am mostly happy with it. For the money, it can't be beat. I bought the BT adapter as well and I like it. Touch screen is responsive and many options for what I can connect. Ipod, mobile phone, mp3 player, etc. There are several cons, but for the low price, most of them I can live with.

Pro:
Hundreds of dollars less than other units with GPS
quick GPS lock
good GPS routing
DVD playback is good
sound quality is good
BT for phone calls is excellent!
Individually adjustable levels for all input sources.

Con:
When playing music via BT A2DP it is not possible to view GPS at the same time.
Ipod controls on the unit are not so good. Some older Ipods are locked out and you need to use the controls on the dash. When you use the on ipod controls on a supported ipod/iphone the dash display for song info does not update.
Like other reviewers have said, the touch screen is recessed.
Poor customer service at Jensen (VOXX International), Both Amazon and Electronic Express excelled in their handling of my order. Unfortunately, once we paid to have this in-dash navigation system installed into the vehicle the CD player didn't work. The only option we've been given is to pay to have the brand new unit uninstalled, send it back to Jensen for repair, and then pay to have it re-installed. You would think they would have service representatives in our area who they would pay to uninstall it and reinstall a brand new unit, or at the very least to have a service representative in our area who could repair it without us having to incur all of these extra charges. The Jensen (VOXX International) Group is by far the least helpful, hardest to contact company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with and I'm sorry I purchased this brand name. Can you imagine sitting on hold for over two hours only to be disconnected because service closed for the day? I've had e-mail discussions with them and no matter what I write, no matter what questions I ask it's like they don't even read it because the only response I keep getting is something like let us know if you want to return the unit for repair or we'll go ahead and close this service ticket. I will never buy another Jensen product.
Great Unit that does it all., i was looking for a long time and i'am cheap when i comes to electronics. i re seared every unit out there in the double din nav catagory. i foud this unit to do everything and i mean everything u could want in a head unit. u can make it play pandora and u can watch dvds while driving are a huge plus. works well and takes sd card i can go up to 8 gigs of music per card. i almost went with a pionner at 2 and 3x the price then fact that i really don't like pioneer units only because u have to buy pioneer type accessory's made me choose this unit.you dont need any xtra wires or nothing, install and use. navagation is good but not great, it seems to be missing good grafix but that is really no big deal. i give this unit 4.5 out of 5...used it for over a year with no problems other than an occasional lock up. easy reset (turn on turn off) only happened twice and i could tell it was most likely my user error as i issued to many commands at once.
Worth it, Installation was a bit of a chore, but the end result is excellent. There was quite a bit of excess wire and cable that hampered the final installation, but careful routing and my sons skinny hands solved the problem. Cannot beat this system for the money.
Slick stereo for the money, I started looking for a flip out screen dvd player about 6-8 months ago. I was pretty much set on buying something from Pyle or BrandX. I was only looking to spend 200 bucks and found a large number of lower end stereos in my price range.

That is when I came across this radio in local custom truck shop. I played with it for a few minutes. I spent a lot of time playing with some lower cost Pioneer and Kenwood units. They (1) did not have all the features one would one in a unit like this and (2) they were not as smooth as their higher end units.

I like this unit a lot. Not counting the reviews that involve damaged units or bad installs or other defective units, most reviews are fairly accurate.
lots of features, not all of them are great, but all of them work well together, I bought this unit on closeout from Best Buy for $300. I was looking for a name brand "all-in-one" unit that had DVD and NAV.

I considered the Pyle and Boss units but the reviews were generally uninspiring. I'm not sure I'd rate Jensen as a high quality electronics company but the name has been around awhile and I've generally had good luck with their stuff in the past.

I have installed several head units in the past and consider myself pretty capable of installing them. This was bit of a challenge. First, I usually replace the factory double din unit with a standard head unit and kit (the kind that has a small pocket below them). This was the first time I replaced it with another double din unit.

In this case I am installing into a Ford Explorer. That had two challenges - first this unit has 3 rear plugs - one for the standard speaker wiring, power, etc, another for the USB/Ipod/Rear Camera and finally another for the video/audio out. So as you can imagine that is a mass of wires to contend with if you plan on using these options.

The second is the unit has a cooling fan and you need to keep as much space as you can open for that in your dash. My first thought when installing this unit was that is was going to produce alot of heat which in turn would threaten the life of the unit so I'm glad it has a cooling fan but the typical car just doesn't have much space to move air around behind the dash - especially with that mass of wiring to deal with.
Back to 5 stars--missing functions restored.,
(UPDATED: After replacing battery in car GPS Audio/BT function now work again--odd.)

I wanted some actual road time with this model before writing a review so I could provide an accurate review. That being said, I purchased the unit in June 2011 and had it professionally installed. I bought the exterior bluetooth setup AND purchased the GPS map upgrade (which is 10xs better than what the factory install provides). I had the 9424 installed in my 2005 Nissan Altima SE. It was great buy.

Pros: Excellent sound quality with factory speakers--no amp required, navigation is much better with upgrade (provides 3D visual of monuments and buildings and provides TTS), video playback is crystal clear, MP3 and USB connections provide many options for alternate music sources, and the bluetooth works well with your cell phone and is clear.

Con: This is major. About a week ago while driving to DC the audio on the navigation AND bluetooth quit functioning at the exact same time--though the connection remains intact. I checked all the settings on the navigation and voice guidance and they are on but still no audio for either. On the the BT, callers can't hear me and I can't hear them though the BT vidoe display says all is working. All other audio and video functions (radio, dvd, MP3, CD) continue to work with no problems. The installers checked it out and determined the issue is a glitch within the head unit--which is what I suspected after trouble shooting initially myself. It will have to be replaced. For the major malfunction within 30 days, I will have to rate it 2 stars.
Great potential, big disappointment, I have had this unit for nearly 4 weeks and really enjoyed it. Regardless of what other reviews have said, this unit is nice when it works. I love the navigation with the split screen even though the icons do look a little cartoon-like. The GPS screen is extremely informative with a fast glance. The iPod controller worked good as long as you weren't trying to control the world with it. Pay attention here *** If you connect the green-white wire with the pink parking brake wire, you can drive illegally while watching a movie - no need to buy anything and no codes to punch in since there are NO brake codes published yet for the VM9424 (as of this review). This completely eliminates the nag screen. ***

There is somewhat of a lag when the unit boots up but not a deal breaker. The touch screen is responsive and there are lots of configuration settings in the setup for both A/V and GPS. It could use more/better GPS voice options, but good for the price. I updated the GPS to the latest firmware and it went flawlessly. New maps for this unit appear to be reasonably priced.

I would have given this unit 5 stars except after only 4 weeks of use, the iPod selector icon disappeared from the menu. (I have a 6g Nano) At first when the unit would boot up, I would have static in iPod mode and would have to pause the book for 2-3 minutes before audio would work again. I use this unit heavily to listen to books during long daily commutes. I called tech support at 1(800)371-7725 and the guy snapped at me asking how I got that 800 #. After he leveled off a bit, we went through the usual troubleshooting techniques: paperclip reset, change iPod cables, check cable tightness, etc. Since a month has nearly lapsed, I'll have to RMA it and probably wait 2 months or longer without a head unit in my truck.
Review of Jensen VM9424 - Good value, does it all.,
great value!, all the features work great, including blue tooth (with adapter) and back up camera (with optional camera). the clock is wack, you cannot set it, but everything else is good. the audio controls are great, video is good, haven't used an Ipod but my mpe works great too. you can't beat it for the price, any other model with the same functionality would cost twice as much. i would recommend to a friend.

  • A/V playback via USB
  • Secure Digital Card slot
  • Built-in navigation
  • 6.2" touchscreen
  • Made for iPod via USB

  • A/V playback via USB.Secure Digital Card slot.Built-in navigation.6.2" touchscreen.Made for iPod via USB. The Jensen VM9424 Double DIN In Dash multimedia navigation receiver comes with 6.2 Inch Touchscreen LCD Monitor and a Multimedia DVD Receiver with USB, SD Card and Built-in Navigation System.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น