วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 16 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

PAC TR7 Universal Trigger Module Worked great - for almost 2 years


Great Accessory, The PAC TR7 trigger was initially installed in my 09 Altima Coupe along with a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD in order to bypass video and access setup menus without having to go through the whole parking brake - foot brake - parking brake cycle. This unit is extremely easy to install and typically only requires 3 wires to connect depending on your vehicle.
great device, i bought this for my alpine radios works great. One has died on me but the other one i have is still working fine i will be buying a replacement for the broken one in the near future.it also makes install a snap so you dont have to find the brake lead wires in your car.
Insert Video here!, Very well make product. Somewhat simple instructions. I bought it to over-ride my video lock on my Alpine head unit. It would have been nice to just have instructions for that, and that only. But, their instructions have 12 different options and setting included in the same layout that makes things confusing. And I'll ad, very small text! I appreciate all the features that they offer with it, but I only need one. That's the only one I needed. Use the K.I.S.S. method.
use a switched pwr relay and do a switched ground instead of switched pwr for 5 bucks, use a switched pwr relay and do a switched ground instead of switched pwr for.
1st buy a bosch relay.
2nd instead of wiring it as a switched power relay wire it as a switched ground.
3rd when the deck turns on then the relay creats a ground signal and then sends that signal to the deck and wala! the deck thinks the e brake is on, because when you set the e brake it grounds the circut.
Works intermittently, I used this in when installing an Alpine INA-W910 in order to bypass the video/menu lockout. I do not watch video while driving, however my 3-year old is able to clearly see the head unit from the back seat, so that's why I need it.

The unit comes pre programmed to bypass the Alpine, so that made installation really easy. However, when I was testing out the system, it would not work every time so I tried to manually program it; the directions were very straightforward and clear.

My main problem is that the TR-7 is inconsistent in unlocking the Alpine. When I start the car, about 50% of the time, the system is still locked. If I turn the head-unit off and then on again, there is a 90% chance the system will be unlocked. The rest of the time, it stays locked (to my daughter's dismay) unless I wait a few minutes and then try again - once or a few times.

So, it usually works, but if I knew it was going to be like this, I would have just wired a couple mechanical switches to do the job.
Didn't find it "universal", So tried to use this on a Clarion max385dv. This unit isnt universal and I tried emailing company for some help.....they never returned my email. Poor UNIVERSAL use, terrible customer service from manufacturer.
Looks as described, I bought this thinking I need it to play video on my car stereo but in the end when I was hooking everything up I didn't need it so don't know if I would have worked.
Excellent device, I used this to bypass the foot brake and parking brake signals for an Alpine INA-W900BT. Without this device, the only way to access the main setup menu is to set the parking brake, press down the foot brake and while holding the brake pedal down, release the parking brake and set it again, then release the foot brake. Seriously? That's insane. Wire this thingy in and you can access the setup menu any time.
Worked great - for almost 2 years, So, the module does exactly what it's supposed to do - unfortunately mine has failed after almost 2 years. The "SETUP" menu on my Alpine IXA-W407 deck only allows me to access the "Audio" option. The biggest problem with this is that I now cannot pair my bluetooth phone, access any video at any time (parked or otherwise), etc.
I've got a support request in via PAC-AUDIO's website - hope to hear something soon.
I may just head down and pick one up at SEARS in the meantime...
Works perfectly, I'm not sure why Alpine makes their customers jump through hoops to use their product I may never know, I'm just thrilled that there are companies out there that recognize that not all people are idiots that need constant babysitting. I needed the monitor to work with three different on-board cameras while I am in any gear. With installing this unit it makes it possible.

  • Door lock pulse generator
  • Alpine video bypass
  • Low voltage trigger
  • Pulse extender
  • Latching outputs

  • Door lock pulse generator.Alpine video bypass.Low voltage trigger.Pulse extender.Latching outputs..

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น